Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A quick note of thanks...

There is something so special about sharing in the ups and downs of pregnancy/childbirth/parenting with your closest friends.

There is something even more wonderful about friends who have gone before you and share their knowledge, including their insecurities and fears, as they go along. So, just about that time where you're really wondering if you should be committed to the loony bin, that friend comes along side of you and laughs and says "oh yeah, me too." There is such comfort there - in the knowing that you aren't crazy...or perhaps aren't alone in the act of being crazy...

And the most fun of it all, is when one of those friends come out to visit and all they do is just love on your kiddo. Without comparison to their own, with no judgement, no qualifying statements...they just come along side of you and love your kid unconditionally, because that's the way they love you. I'm so lucky because one such wonderful friend came out for a visit and did just that!





Thank you, May - thanks for the visit, the mornings over coffee, the time out, the stuffed bear (Go, Ducks!), for loving so much on my boy...But most of all - thank you for all your support of the mother I am becoming.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Well sheesh nothing like this post to make me jealous. :) So glad you got have a such a wonderful time with Kendall - I'm sure you will cherish it! (and who wouldn't love that little boy?!) :)

Kendall Lawless said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh I just read this post, and now I'm crying. Holy crap. I just love you so much...and Tobin, too! Thank you so much for your sweet words! I'm calling you NOW! :)