After the blur of the first month, the second month started to feel more like a rhythm...a beautiful dance of eat, eat, play, poop, eat, play, poop. Notice the lack of sleep? Actually I can't really complain, because he's a great sleeper at night. Underscore AT NIGHT. During the day...uh, notsomuch. All those books and websites that say how much an infant at this stage should be sleeping...I guess Tobin missed that memo!?
Overall, this month can be marked by the emergence of Tobin's personality and from what we've seen so far - this guy is just loads of fun! He's so social - and as part of that, he continues to be very expressive and oh my goodness - is the kid vocal...I wouldn't go so far to declare he's going to be verbal because right now his favorite sound to make resembles the cry of a Velociraptor...so we'll see if he can corral that noise into something more verbal down the road. Here's a snapshot of Tobin at two months:
- Per our two month doctor appointment yesterday - Tobin weighs in at 16 pounds exactly and is 24.5 inches long.
- He loves, loves, loves his hands! And is constantly trying to get his fist to his mouth to munch on it...and if he can't find his fist, his swaddle will do...as will my arm. He'll just lean over and start munching/drooling on it. Fun!
- He loves tummy time and holding his head up - he raises his eyebrows while he's at it (like it helps him?) and it often makes him look like a very surprised and old man...cracks me up every time!
- His favorite thing is the bath...we can't wait for summer over here! I see many pool days in our future.
- He's top-notch at cuddling and if he had his way, he'd always sleep cuddled next to someone. I can't say I hate this one, but I know I've got to watch it...or else we may have a two year old who doesn't want to sleep in their own bed. But while he's just two months, I'm loving it!
|not impressed with my shenanigans...|
|now he thought I was funny, but laughter creates blurry pics|
|laughing or crying...you decide|
|hahaha, love this face|