Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A step of faith...

I've been holding out on you all with some big news but have been too scared to let it "be known" till now...and now as I type it out it freaks me out a WHOLE lot, so here it goes:

We're three months pregnant with a baby due the first week of February!

We saw the baby again this morning for our "12 week" appointment (I'm officially 11 weeks and 5 days), and saw the little one do a little flutter kick and then - no joke - the baby waved to Ty when he got to look at the screen, it was pretty awesome. This baby and its Dad have something really special going on already, very E.T. and Elliot given that Ty was the first one to know I was pregnant. Ty had been telling me for nearly two weeks that I was pregnant, and when I asked him why he thought that all he would say is "I don't know, I just KNOW." Great answer, huh? He was so persistent about it all that I actually broke down and bought a test before my period was even due...and seriously 30 seconds after I took the test it was a VERY clear positive. 

Now, here's the thing, having a baby at any time is a big head-trip. Getting pregnant so close to the miscarriage is a freaky thing. You have to do it if you want to move forward but to tell you the truth, when I saw that positive reading on the pregnancy test I wanted to throw up a little. Looking back on this now, perhaps this was the start of "morning sickness." At the time I figured it was just nerves, you just don't know if you can do it all over again, but you do and it works out. 

And thank heavens for a very supportive husband who never once admonished my question of "Are you praying today for the baby?" EVERY. SINGLE.DAY. And for a very patient mother who let me constantly barrage her with all my negative and scared thoughts. And for a certain friend who was let in on the news early as my prayer partner who never failed to remind me that I was pregnant NOW and that NOW was good. Thank you.

But now, phew! The news is out. And it feels so good....which is the opposite of how I've felt these past couple months. So now to bring you all up to speed:

How I'm feeling: Now, much better (knock on wood.) Weeks 3.5 to 10, pretty miserable. Let's just say there was an instance of me throwing up and peeing my pants at the same time. That was neato! Also, please imagine Margot standing up against the toilet and trying to put her head in the bowl of it as if she was trying to copy what I was doing as I was throwing up. Raleigh was standing there scared in the doorway. We were quite a sight:)

Cravings: Nothing. Ever. I hate most food. Except my precious bowl of cereal. Oh wait, I think I had my first craving this past weekend, I could not stop thinking about a bean and cheese burro, enchilada style from Carolina's in Phoenix. But clearly a burrito that's 2,000 miles away was not about to happen.

Weight gain/showing: No weight gain at all thanks to hatred of food in general. I'm guessing as I start to feel better this will soon be in the past. But I am definitely starting to show a little, nothing much, but I can see the difference.

What else is there that you want to know? I can't think of anything....except the exciting news that we find out if the baby is a boy or girl NEXT month! Woo-hoo. August 24th will be the big reveal if all goes well, any guesses? IF you want to know anything else, ask away and I can do a follow-up post!

10 comments:

Brionna said...

Yeah!!!! So excited for you guys!!!!! I had a feeling the other day;). Such great news. I will be saying prayers for you guys for a healthy little munchkin. Lots of love to you 3!!!!!

Julie said...

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! Cheers in Scottsdale!! :o) Congratulations!! Soooo very exciting, I'm crying.... ugh, of course. :o) I'll pray with you every day. :o)

Love the recap of the throwing up and peeing at the same time. Don't worry, I've totally done it. And yea!!! for seeing baby!

Love it. Now you've got something to blog about constantly... woohoo!

Taylor K said...

HOORAY! I am SO happy for you both! Love you so much. xoxo

Reed said...

HOOOOORRRRAAAAYYYYY!!! Wonderful news!! I am so excited for you!! I wil lbe keeping you all in my prayers and I can't wait to follow your journey. I'm glad that the sickness has past...it truly gets better and better and better and better!

Reed said...

oops, that was Julie...didn't realize Reed was logged in, LOL

Joye said...

OH my GOSH! Congratulations!!!! SOOOOO happy for you two!!! And I'll keep praying.....but enjoy every minute of it between prayers! Woo hoo!!!!! You're having a BABY!!!! :D

Megan said...

Yay! What happy news! So excited for your sweet family!

Kelley said...

YAY!!! You know how excited I am for you!!! We are THRILLED for you and so excited for every step! Glad you are feeling so much better. You are both going to be amazing parents and we're so thrilled for you. Praying continuously, of course. This is so special, and I can't wait to meet your little baby!!

Coffee Mama A-J :) said...

Congratulations to you both! I am so excited for you two. You will LOVE the journey. I will keep your little on in my prayers. :)

Unknown said...

OH MY GOODNESS.... OH MY GOODNESS!!!! How did I miss this until now??? (I guess because I'm old school and don't have google reader). Anyway... CONGRATULATIONS!!! WOW!! What exciting news!!! SO SO happy for you!!! ENJOY this moment! THIS is the time... and the baby you've been waiting for!! Try not to live in fear (and trust me, I know how hard it is)... and really live in this beautiful moment!

LOTS of prayers for healthy baby and pregnancy!

Can't wait to hear what you're having!!