Thursday, August 19, 2010

August Redux....

So August isn't over, but it might as well be. I feel like I'm having one of those "Dude, where's my car?" moments except it's more like "Dude, where's my life?"

Where did the first part of August go? I think I blacked out in early July.

We have been so busy, but only because we are SO blessed to have so many wonderful friends who have decided to make the trek out to see us this summer. And it's been SO much fun!

John and Kendall came out the last weekend in July and helped us usher in August....and we hadn't seen them in THREE years! Hours flew by as we talked late into the night and played multiple rounds of Beanie (only the best game ever which they introduced to us, thanks J&K!)


(Best group picture award goes to ....US!)

The fabulous news is that I'll be seeing Kendall in just another few months for her baby shower, they're expecting in early January and I'm SO beyond excited!

Then shortly after their visit we had another Oregonian couple come out - Ty's cousin and wife - Matt and Beth. Or as I kept calling them when I was tired late at night, Bat and Meth. That's a fun twist, huh? We took them to Kemah and it was H-O-T out there on the boardwalk, but we had tons of fun!


(The Gulf! So pretty...and STEAMY hot., I think I lost 3 lbs. of water weight that day!)


(The Fam on the Boardwalk)


(This cracks me up, you know the Seagull's got to be thinking "Why you gotta be a no-person in a yes-world?!)

THEN...immediately after Bat and Meth left we helped moved Becky to Austin into her first place because my parents were moving Matthew to ASU. We have a ton of pictures from the move to Austin, and I still need to upload them since we just got back a day ago....stay tuned!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Bat and Meth - ROFL!!!! that's hilarious!! looks like you guys had a great time! so excited for john and kendall! she looks great! (and I want to learn that beanie game :))