Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving, Pink-Eye, and the Rhino

This year, Ty and I made the trek (along with Ty's mom, Lynette, who flew in from Oregon) to New Mexico to visit Ty's brother and family in New Mexico for Thanksgiving. Despite the long drive-time back and forth, the trip was great! It was the traditional Thanksgiving: Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Green Bean Casserole, a Peach/Raspberry pie...and a side-dish of Pink-Eye. It's like I always say - Can't be a holiday without some Pink-Eye:) Just kidding! Our nephew, Carson, woke up with it one morning and then proceeded to pass it along to Lynette...so far the rest of us have managed to walk away without being infected, and hopefully it stays that way!

Anyhow - I am bad and didn't take as many pictures as I would have hoped, but did manage to capture a few...

Lynette (before the attack of Pink-Eye) as we hit the road, trying to get a pic with Sir Dubs...you can tell he was so interested in having his picture taken:


That's more like it...all ready to go!


I thought the next two pics were funny, cause Ty and Raleigh almost have the same facial expression...like father, like son...except in this case, I guess it's like owner, like pug??


See what I mean...hahaha...


And now for the Rhino...meet the newest addition to the Jelinek family, Troy and Tracy's family pet bulldog, Quincy...I swear he walks like a rhinoceros cause he's so big and cumbersome, and he's only 5 months old! I can't imagine what he'll be like full-grown!


Our night out in Sante Fe, we went to the acclaimed Tomasita's...where we had to wait for an HOUR to be seated...the food was so-so, but they had a great deal on drinks, particularly their Sangria, which was amazing! Ty and Troy opted for Corona's instead:


Tracy and I knew better...note the full carafe of Sangria in the background:


The whole gang...I can't believe this is the only group-type photo I manage to get the whole weekend? *Sigh* Better than nothing, I guess!


And last, but definitely not least, here are my hands trying to push the dog "cousins" in for a picture together, they were not feeling it...


Haha...this was the best I could do! Aren't they cute?


And that does it...like I said, I wasn't on the photo-taking train this time around...I'll do better next time, I promise:) Can't wait to see pictures and posts from everyone else of their Thanksgivings! Hope you all had a wonderful day...can you believe we're only 24 days away from Christmas now? Sometimes it's hard for me to get in the spirit when it's still over 75 degrees outside... but I've been watching Elf and White Christmas, lighting Spruce-scented candles, and listening to 99.9 (the "holiday" station) non-stop, so I think I'm almost there!!!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

SHUT UP we watched elf and i tivo-ed white christmas to watch tonight! LOL Looks like you had fun - the dogs are SO CUTE!!!!! Did tracy cut her hair?! And now I can never watch project runway without thinking of troy :)

JuliAnna said...

Yeah, Tracy cut her hair off and has that pixie cut...kind of like Victoria Beckham's? AND isn't Elf the best? I just LOVE it...I watched the Grinch last night:) I love that one too:)