Thursday, October 2, 2008

Montery, Pacific Grove, and Carmel...Part IV

Yikes! I did NOT realize how many blog posts this was translating into, but I guess I'm really making up for lost time here:) I promise we're almost done! On our last full day of our mini-vacation, Ty surprised me with a wine tour of the area we were staying. I can't even begin to tell you how much fun this was! They let you drink on the trolley and it's such a beautiful way to get another view of the beautiful countryside that area is home to.

BUT before I get too ahead of myself...after we got home from Carmel, we shared a glass of wine on our patio and that got Ty thinking..."Hmm...isn't the 51st Annual Montery Jazz Festival going on right now?" We looked and it was!!! So by the time we finished the bottle of wine, it was decided...we were going to the Jazz Festival! Who cares if it's 2.5 miles away! We'll walk and it will be fun:) (Note to all...walking back from a night at the Jazz Festival was not fun.)

Ty "thinking" about the Festival...


Once we decided to walk the 2.5 miles to the Jazz Festival, Ty and I realized we'd need a hearty dinner...so Taco Bell it was! I didn't want to take my purse, so Ty attached our camera like a holster to his jeans, so the rest of the night it was his pretend gun...here he is in Taco Bell showing me his moves:)


Another...we weren't satisfied with the first pic, cause his hand was blocking the "holster." Haha...yes, this is what we do when we're on vacation!


I was hungry...


Yay! We made it!


Waiting for one of the concerts to begin - and this was the last picture before our camera died! We were so bummed...guess we shouldn't have wasted so much time in Taco Bell taking dumb pictures:)


The next day, ready for our wine country tour:


One of the wineries we visited:


Proudly displaying our new purchases among MORE flowers!


Heading off for more wineries:


Yummy grapes:


At another winery:


Showing off the grapes...wow my hair was bad! It got super windy on the ride so what can you do?


Haha...Ty proudly showing off more of the vineyard, like he grew it or something:)


So apparently we took a lot of grape pictures...


After the trolley brought us back to Monterey, we went back to the Wharf to capture some final pictures right after the sunset...so pretty!


I love the clouds here:


And here...then it was time to say goodbye!


That's it!!! I think we're finally done with our trip pictures! It was such a great time and a beautiful place to check out, I can't recommend this area more, lots to do and see and very relaxing at the same time:) Hope you all enjoyed the pictures...we're heading to Chicago next week so stay tuned for another trip soon!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Very nice! Love the TB pics - too funny! Bummer that the camera died. I feel your pain! Did you make it to Bernardus or Talbott?!?! Love those wineries!! I've only made it as far as the tasting rooms... never to the wineries. But let's be honest, the wineries are beautiful and all, but the tasting room is the best part! hehe... Love the pic of the wharf with the tree branch framing it. Very nice!!! Again, thanks for the mini-trip! ;o)

JuliAnna said...

Yes - Bernardus was our FAVORITE!!! SO Good!!! We loved it, we didn't have enough time to actually taste at Talbott but we did stop by really quick. We spent a TON of time at Bernardus, Jullien and Chateau Sinnet (which was amazing too)! It was so great, I would go back again in a heart-beat!

Julie said...

Well, in the heartbeat, taste at Talbott! :o) Logan Chardonnay is our favorite. - ha! J/k... just because of the name. Diamond T is my fave.