Friday, December 16, 2011

Bumpwatch - The Start...

So, as I've been promising for some time now - I will officially start posting REAL "bump" progression photos. Unfortunately, I've gotten off to a rocky start. I took these two weekends ago before we were on our way to a holiday party and just now got around to posting! But at least we're officially making a go of this whole thing...I am going to do my very best to post on a regular schedule from here on out (these will be my famous last words, I just know it!).

So here I am in my 30 week glory - this was taken seriously days after Thanksgiving so there's not that much of a difference. Though I do suspect a bit more of pregnancy face snuck in between the holiday and when these were actually snapped. For those of you who don't know - pregnancy face is when the volume of your lips is only matched by the ratio of your cheeks as compared to your entire face. AKA your face is eating itself alive. Special times, yes?


If you really want to see more of what I'm talking about, you can click on the picture to enlarge on your own screen. Do so at your own risk;)

Other fun symptoms that started around this time include carpal tunnel in my left hand and the feeling like someone took a crow bar to my pelvic bones. I'm sorry if this is too much information on this last part, but I'm having a hard time describing it any other way. But we did find out that the little dear took a growth spurt, because as of yesterday he's estimated to weigh in at 6 pounds and 8 ounces. Just so you know - averages for this point in fetal development would put him closer to a little over four pounds at this time...what can I say? We're just a bunch of overachievers over here! So that growth spurt may explain the recent pain...otherwise we are all (baby included) right on track.

I will try to post a belly shot that will bring us up to date for the 32 week mark after this weekend. Hope you all have a most wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Ohmygosh! You look GORGEOUS! Pregnancy looks great on you! and yay for big babies! :)